Karen Crossley - Science & STEM Teacher
“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” -Etienne de Grellet
Welcome to high school! Ninth grade is so much fun, but also a lot of work. The first thing you need to do is set goals. Think about:
1) What would you like to do after you graduate from Dorman? (I know you are only in 9th grade, but it helps to have goals.)
2) What do you like to do most?
3) What do you like to do least?
4) What are you good at doing?
5) What do you have difficulty doing?
6) What are some important things your teachers should know about you in order for you to be successful?
7) What is life outside of school like for you? (sports, music, church, etc.)
These questions will help you plan for your future and help you be successful while in high school. Meanwhile, you need to stay connected to the school and all your teachers. Visit the school webpage and social media sites as well as your teachers' and guidance webpages. Finally, don't forget ItsLearning. Login daily and check for assignments, announcements, and updates.